posted by Don Rose
At the next MacDayLA on Saturday, May 31, they're offering a LOT of information in a fun atmosphere. Two optional classes to meet people's requests:
10:30 - 1:00: Creating a Brochure or Flyer in Adobe InDesign
3:30 - 6:00: Getting to Know FileMaker Pro
Each class is $50. Full info at http://www.macdayla.com/classes
NOTE: To take either class you MUST let the MacDayLA people know by NOON WEDNESDAY.
As for the MacDayLA General Schedule... they have added a few new items.
For just $15 advance ($20 cash at the door) you get a full day of varied info including:
• TWIP co-host Scott Bourne on photography
• Girls Gone Geek hostess Liana Lehua with Tips for Making Your iPhone Your Most Helpful Travel Companion
• Certified FileMaker Consultant Anton Anderson on Using a Spreadsheet vs a Database
• Expert Scott Immerman on AppleTV and it's viability for your needs
• A panel of experts on What You Should Know When You Use Wi-Fi
• Professional musician Martin Blasick showing you How to Actually Create a Song in GarageBand
• Mac author Deborah Shadovitz (who also happens to run MacDayLA) sharing insights into the MacBook Air as a possible Mac for your own use
• A lot of great laughs with The Church of Mac — Live
Additionally, they will have several breakfast discussions and at least 11 topics for lunch-time discussions. Topics include using Windows on the Mac so you may want to tell your Windows-using friends.
Radio's computer expert Jeff Levy will also be hosting a free-flowing discussion at breakfast and lunch. See http://www.macdayla.com/agenda.
They even have a party for you! 3 great bands provide the perfect atmosphere for socializing and networking. In addition to Mac users, they've invited other tech and web people for you to meet. http://www.macdayla.com/party
There is something for everyone at MacDayLA. Held at CBS Studio Center, Laurel Canyon & Ventura Blvd in Studio City. Please visit http://macdayla.com for more info and to RSVP.
May 27, 2008
posted by Don Rose